R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-2
Thread: Mugen MTX-2
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2002, 07:18 PM
ketchup_gsr
Tech Rookie

Default runing problems

hi all,
i've had my mugen mtx prospec for a while and i love it. I have problems tuning it though, i guess due to lack of experience. First of all, with the MT 12 engine, people say that my car should go pretty fast, but to the contrary, it's pretty sluggish. I've broken it in, and leaned it out. I was happy at the speed i was running at, at first, but then at the track, i've noticed that was holding people back! I've leaned it out to as much as i would want (215F). What gear ratios you all use? 1st gear is really show and 2nd, when it engages, isn't as fast as a lot of other people.
My next problem is that i fishtail during all the turns, though I admit it's experience, I've had other people drive my car too. They say it's the setup. Any hints here? Oh, I fishtail like mad when I brake. And this is when my car's pointed straight!
Last problem... after I fishtail, and floor it, my car is very sluggish to start back up. What could be causing this? It generally doens't happen when I accelerate from stop?
And the track conditions are pretty good when I race (at crystal park).

Thanks a lot.