R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-02-2011, 12:29 PM
chiro972
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Gotcha....I thought the shock tower position didnt affect the actual setting that much. It looks like the camber turnbuckle pivots at the wheel.
I have noticed there is quite a bit of slop in the wheels...both in toe and camber.
Typical Losi slop. I say that not as a dig against Losi. Their 1/8 scale develops slop pretty early but the vehicles seem to drive just as well if not better with the slop.

Many people have reported that they buy all new plastics to take out the slop and as soon as they do their car handles like garbage until the parts settle in and get some slop.

In other words, don't worry about a bit of slop, just reset your camber and steering and don't forget to look at your toe in/out. It could also be affected.

A side note, several years ago the fastest guy in my area ran kyosho 1/8 scales. He was blistering fast and when I was looking at his buggy there was incredible amounts of slop in the wheels. Didn't seem to slow him down a bit. In real cars, all those pivot points ride on bearings so the tolerances can be very tight. In RC, if you make the tolerances too tight, nothing will move.