R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 PM
8ight-e
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

+1 more win for the SCTE vs the rest.. I hear it a lot but man this truck was on rails today, TQ & won both a-mains, final main I snuck in a 12th lap (2 over the field). The track was a little rough from the winter but man it was nice to get out on the big track again, perfect day! Setup sheet for ideas below, I'm no pro but it worked very nice for me today.

I was getting the feel for the castle 1410's power band today on the bigger track and with a 16t pinion and noticed it feels just a touch soft in the middle which at first was scaring me a little on the triple so early on I did a lot of double, single's. Once I grew a set of balls and starting punching it coming off the double I quickly realized this little turd (1410) has way more power than I was giving it credit for. This motor is nutz, the best motor I've used including vs the tekin 4.5 and the ae 4.5. The motor never was over 138' typically around 130'. This is what I'll be running all year

Another note: The MA 5250 pack was decent, it will make a 10minute main with a few warm up laps easy w/ the 1410. I'm pulling around 470mAH/min with my current setup. The MA is listed as 100c, I'd say it's a 45c pack... my 50c speedzone 5400mAH pack has more punch expecially near the end. Granted it's not apples for apples, but a pretty real rating on this pack I have is 45/90 vs what I'm use to from other companies. It did the job and I will continue to use it.. the ~260grams is nice vs most packs at 300grams or more.