R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
for two straight days i studied diffusers and how they really work. i know that if you take your TC and put a gurney flap on the wing , the car pushes bad. with that being said, at our big track we reach in the high 50's lows 60's on the straight. it simply has to work if designed properly. 60mph on a real car aero makes a difference. i know for a fact if i remove the diffuser, the car doesnt push nearly as bad but the rear wants to get loose. diffuser on and the back is stuck but the car pushes bad.in general with the diffuser the car is very stable. one of the most important thing i discovered about diffusers is that they are in-effective unless you are able to draw clean air into it. so just adding a short diffuser at the back of the car does little of anything except turbulate the air. so in order to make a diffuser work on a pod chassis it would have to somehow mount to the main chassis and not the pod.

i agree on the custom stuff but getting people to travel across the nation to compete is not as easy as i thought. My F1 race is tomorrow and nobody outside of texas is coming. i think there should always be a open class to see what the cars evolve into! i think i have proven that my IRS car is at the very least is equal to but i think is better than the pan style, at least on asphalt. i dont have a carpet track local and we dont run 21.5 here but if a 3.25 gear ratio will work with a 21.5 i will test that soon. what gear ratio do you use?
I wanted to come to your race, but limited funds has kept me here in Michigan. I have been buying inventory left and right for F1PAINTLAB, so my travel budget is pretty much zero right now, if you do it next year I will be there, maybe with my own chassis