R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 AM
*JayVee*
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default EVERYTHING 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T/sc HELP/Mod/Build THREAD

I am sure there is some "GENERAL" Baja thread, but I personally been having specific questions as I been moving along with my BAJA 5B and have been posting them on some other guys QUESTION thread. So here is my personal thread... But ANYONE is able to jack it with questions, tip or advice of there own that would help ANYONE with a BAJA.

NEW QUESTION...for me at least I am in the process of tearing down my BAJA to do a stroker kit to 29cc...But in fact, I just found out the kit I purchased will ONLY give me 28.5 since its just the head stroker and NOT the full stroker kit with stuffed crank. So, now that I have this BRAND NEW IN THE BOX...I am thinking of going a whole different route. I can either just buy the stuffed crank to complete a 29cc kit or "GO BIG OR GO HOME"to a Bigger STROKER KIT to 30.5cc (1 of 2 Part#'s cc253+dd312 or cc253+dd308) Does anyone know the exact difference between these two,advantages from to another, do's and don'ts, warnings or go for it!!! ? Anything would help from someone who is quite knowledgable in this area. The only difference I see in the descriptions on DDM is cost! And last, does anyone know how difficult installation of these kits are to someone who have just above medium knowledge of general engines. Thank You so much!

Last edited by *JayVee*; 07-19-2013 at 06:03 PM.