R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM
mbahdukun
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=ruebiracer;9035681]Hi again,

I feel it the same way, as you describe it.
With the more weak setup I used initially for a very low grip carpet, I gained very quick entry cornering and fast response through some chicanes.
But it was also a rather small, technical circuit.
Running outdoors again, it was just too responsive with higher speeds, and gave an unsave feel.
To test your tip: Iīm not quite sure if I get you right:
You recommend to reduce bump travel by putting the o-rings outside the shock on the piston rod? (like in the manual for using trf on the rear with kit piston rod)Put the black rubber oring inside your shock , under shock piston rod, in this case you have to make sure your tire grip enough ..if so you can feel more quicker this we call droop or shock travel seting
Or do you mean limit travel by o-ring under the piston rod? Thatīs why I noted the shock length end to end in my setup sheet.
But one little detail I forgot: I noticed to have 0,7mm shim under the inner ball pin. (lower fr roll centre) shim a little bit different effect...but this is fine tuning

I also got yesterday my stabilizer set finally, tried already hard for the front and soft in rear, but gave me again a little understeer in corner entry. (not surprising). So will try soft/soft next.
if you felt the tire absolutely grip, you can put stabilizer to fine tuning, but oring under shock piston rod give more effect than stabiliser,,,,ussually i "ll use stabiliser when the tire felt so grip....but i am not believe TAMIYA S grip and M grip tire .....we are using stabiliser on asphalt circuit with slick A tamiya tyre...it's depending your country temperature.

I am using stabilser M05 on carpet track without oring under piston rod....tire f/r M grip....inner front :hard rear : medium.....definetely great traction on FWD

if you get more comfortable setup using M and S tire on the carpet , you can share with me...i am realy appreciate get more input from many racer

Nice share with you mathias