R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
ok so i did most of this stuff the spring shock oil split deck t bar ... but whats the trick with the damper plate and o ring can anyone explain this for me thanks
I like to run the damper plate as loose as possible but not flopping or rattling around, just enough spring to keep the discs sliding on the plate and no more.
The center screw, which has to be left in for TCS racing, I would always loosen it to where it would still just barely sit in the counterrsunk hole when fully "bending" the T bar up in the rear.

Originally Posted by robk
Probably not running any grease or fluid on it to let the pod move freely...With the split deck you can even eliminate the damper plate all together.

Cuda??
I was running the tiniest bit of Associated diff grease on the bottom disc, just enough to make it smooth, I reapplied it each run cuz too thick would seem to make it lose traction when exiting the corner. Typical for this car.

Originally Posted by robk
One thing to remember is that the soft t bar and high traction t bar are close to the same thickness, but with the cutout the high traction t bar also lets the car "wrap" the corner or rotate more. I noticed the guy who won the TCS nats last year ran the soft tbar, and that makes sense as the Tamiya track is a place where you would want the car more stable. You might actually want to try both to see what works for you.
Danny the winner (after our tiebreaker ) of last years TCS Nats did mention that he ran the soft T bar and not the High Traction T bar as well as also running the kit tires that are Medium compound.
I would never have been able to drive with that setup since I have never been able to get as much rear traction as I would like on this car when using Tamiya tires and I always chose the soft rear option tires with the kit medium fronts and still wanted more rear bite. I also have never looked back to anything other than the High Traction T bar since this is also the best rear grip that I have had on this car.
I also use the gold spring that seems to be hard to get but it is the softest spring that I know of that is a Tamiya part, from the Miata mini kit or something like that.