R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Boost is Dead
Thread: Boost is Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Getting rid of boost will bring back all the off-road guys that switched, to run on-road again.
True story
actually story at my track I have had about 5 to 7 offroad guys come race onroad 17.5 NB with RDX and 007 cars that have sat on the shelf since the speed control wars the last 2 or 3 years. one guy is running a GTB and the other running a lrp comp TC sphere. they wanted to race but don't what to figure out gearing or what ESC setting work best for which track layouts. And I don't know about you but I know the lrp x12 is the best motor for boost and the duo3 or ballistic are both good for NB so choice is always good. now some of these guys jumped into TC 17.5 NB running competitive laps straight off the back. I have had 4 SPXs 3 black diamonds and 3 tekins in the last 3 year. they are still running a GTB from 4 years ago Non boosted and being in the game. We're talking club racing here. Now I run a lrp comp sphere 007 and it doesn't matter what speed control I use it's all about driver at this point. If I run boosted it's Tekin or nothing else. SSX, black diamond, GM, speed passion all suck to tekin in boosted class. Kudos to tekin for getting it right but still doesn't make sense. And for the people that say give it 2 years and boosted will be the only thing. Um it's been 2 or 3 years since it was ALL non-boosted and we are going back to non-boosted. I think boosted has had it's swing, and it fell off it.