R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USRCF1 Formula One national event!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM
F1Jet
Tech Adept

I just wanted to throw a word of support. Living the F1 dream in any form or fashion is not easy. At least you took a chance on it.

And you gotta go for it. Many years ago AlesiFast and got the crazy notion to set up a replica of the Monaco track, right down to a one-car-at-a-time super slow Lowes hairpin. We didn't do it during the middle of the racing season, but during the slowest time of the summer when there was no scheduled racing or series ongoing. We busted azz to get it set up at the end of the week and it was only to be there till our Sunday race, when we planned to restore the regular track.

We generated nothing but animosity amongst the sedan crowd that was hugely popular at the time. There was no sedan racing whatsoever going on in the facility during those few days, but guys that never spoke to me, guys that weren't racing came out asking why and what on earth was going on. I won't repeat their words now but wow. In the end, perhaps a half dozen cars came out for the race, and we truly had a really good time, and I think only busted up a couple of cars.

One way or another, that race and yours entered the f1 racing lore and that has to count for something.

Sincerely,
F1Jet

Burn rubber, not your soul

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
back injuries are horrible, bulged L4/L5 myself (years of fighting and working on real cars). is Alpha going to make it?

well this is definately a "one and done " deal, with no support its not fun, im out a few hundred dollars, thank gawd i didnt order shirts........ you need to hold the next one whereever you are and i will just come up there, its a lot less hassle to just book a flight and go race

our local F1 is borderline from dying also its kinda depressing since they are so fun to drive and setup and i love making them. my IRS car will only be a special order kinda deal, i have no intention of promoting it and honestly if i only sell one more (sold one already) im good with it. i will continue to develop mine just because i like messing with it and enjoy tuning.

on a good note we have a badazz safety car mercedes with lights and on board camera! i also will have a camera on my car and i have a buddy taping the mains. so if nothing else comes out of this it will be a very cool video!