R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Yokomo TC, the BD-5
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
jonp
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Völker
My experience is only with 5t Motors,but it happended to me that new spec-r double joints out of the box wihout any preparation the inside and also the outside pin (not in the same run) broke during the first try without touching anything. in my case it was bad luck as it should not happen, but you never know..

I recommend the WX/R chassis on every outdoor track which has low,medium and medium-high grip (remember ETS Austria has high even higher grip-level with solaris tires). but its not like that the WS chassis would never work even on low and medium traction, it just could be slightly slower in my opinion depends on many facts like tires,asphalt,weather,layout...

like VITOMON said, the pins are too soft and would replace them by the xray ones. the pin on the outdrive side could be also stronger, I got TOP pins which work great. and about the housing, just use enough grease when you prepare them. they are not perfect but at least it works

Thanks Vitomon, Ronald...Unfortunately, there are no available pins at hobby shops here in Manila. Oh, well...might as well try it on the track and hope nothing breaks...