R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - want to go 1/8 electric buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 02:10 PM
PTP Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got started in this myself. I got the rc8be, Tekin 1900kv combo, and 2 Turnigy 4s 35c 5000mah packs. Looking back the only thing I wish I had gotten different was to get hardcase battery packs but the ones I got havent given me any reason to complain.

I have a Hyperion ac/dc charger which is only 50w. It takes 90+ minutes to charge a pack that has been run to the voltage cutoff but only about 35 minutes after a qualifier. Im kinda on the fence about buying a new charger. I mean I didnt have any problems getting my packs charged in time for my races (even though I did forget to put the fresh pack in before my main duh) but it does get pretty hot working at its maximum wattage for long periods of time and 1.5 hours to charge a pack isnt exactly ideal.

As far as car kits go I did not want to buy a nitro car and conversion. It just seemed silly to buy a car then convert it. The rc8be was pretty cheap and it has all the stuff it needs right in the box. I also considered the mbx6 eco but the extra cost and fact I already have experience with the nitro rc8 tipped the scales in the rc8be's favor. I also considered the 8ight-E but it cost even more and most guys I know with Losis have a bunch of hopups on them. I knew I couldnt afford a MP9e and HPI and OFNA stuff doesnt appeal to me.