R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM
caltek1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Bob,

Glad to read that your evil MO5M has now been exorcised. I know on the new M chassis TRF shocks I only use the one "o" ring to limit droop, as per instructions. I have found my MO5M and MO5L to work best this way.

The only other shocks I have used droop limiters on are the full scale TC TRF shocks which I used 4mm of spacers per shock, so they would work on the mini. I have one setof these on my back up car.

Although some say springs don't make a difference I have found they can make a big difference to grip and what tyres you can use. The other thing that will change your cars handling is by fitting the front shock tower too your MO5 and making the shocks less progressive by standing them up.

Adding additional weight in the right places will also improve your cars handling, but some like to run there cars near the minimum weight. I have found with the BL system more weight equals more grip and less wheel spin.

Anyway, I hope everyone had an exceptional easter and didn't consume to much chocolate.

Later,

Calvin.