R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Blue Sky
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
Disaster at the track tonight whilst I was testing my 2106 - somehow my crystal came out of my reciever - car went wild - full throttle across the track into the fence *ouch* bent the front part of the chassis up and it seems like the rx unit has died hope the motor is ok, as it was on full revs for about 20 seconds

Motor was excellent when it was running @ 130 Deg C - hot!!!!! but the LSN tuning seems really critical - I eventually had it turned out 1.25 turns and then I could pull away nicely and not have the engine keep cutting out!

Oh man - I'll have to see if I can rescue the chassis some how - it's the 705s 4mm one, so maybe I can bend it back into shape. It's only the very end which is bent up. Are these things fixable?
Sorry about your accident Mark. One good thing is the 710 chassis is a lot cheaper than the Impulse Pros and 705s.

I'm about to lower my engine by grinding the engine mounts by about 1mm. I had some trouble with the Powerstart wheel reaching the flywheel at times over the weekend. Is 1mm seems the amount to grind away from the engine mount legs?