R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
dangerwr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt_N
Does anyone use Fioroni parts on their 8ight-e's? Mine needs a new chassis and front shock tower, and the Fioroni stuff has caught my eye.

Matt
I do actually! I use their rear chassis brace. I was also considering their front shock tower brace since I am a little too rough on the stocker. I ultimately went with King Headz for a couple reasons. The Fioroni have two versions of the shock towers--one for EU and one to mimic stock 2.0. I do not need the EU setup and their stock 2.0 replacement had the "B" hole for the camber link offset. Probably not a big deal but did not want to find out. Fioroni is also quite a bit pricey here in the states and King Headz is a trusted brand IMO so just went with them.

I talked with Fioroni-USA regarding the chassis and was told it is "good." Most complaints are that the width is different so is difficult to mate some of your standard bodies. This is why I went with a BCE. Hope this helps . . .

I also was going to buy their lightened CVD drive axles and outdrives but Answer-RC had the same bits and just went with them. Fioroni definitely makes quality goods and would not hesitate to buy their stuff.