R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wausau's newest 1/10th scale outdoor off-road track!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:38 AM
jbraathen
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default Wausau Track Opening???

Originally Posted by super lates
When is the track opening?
Hey there are you referring to another carpet track or the dirt track out by Hwy 107? I don't have any answers on either, but just thought that I would clarify.

I have been inquiring about the dirt track near Hwy 107, however the impression that I am getting is that the amount of work that went into the track and the number of folks that showed up for race/practice days didn't balance out. I still think the off-road track near Hwy 107 was one of the best out-door 1:10 dirt tracks that I have been to, so of course, I would like to see it open again.

As for carpet, I know GB is always looking for places to roll out some carpet, however we probably wont be seeing much in terms of carpet until fall.

One of the things that *I* thought would be really cool is setting up an asphalt course once or twice a month. Just imagine a nice 200' straight ...ahhhh So GB has all of the equipment to make it happen all we need is some interest and support within the R/C community.

Any interest for an on-road asphalt course?