R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Black Pixi????
Thread: Black Pixi????
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 05:51 PM
NitroOB4You
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have the Orange head 3 Port Pixi in my Champ Ed. LD3.Pretty sight actually ...anyhoo...I am running ODonnel 30 % with Rossi C7-S plugs. Per Zip (I believe this to be his forum name)
I removed the silver shim before I ever started the engine. I am currently running no shim at all. I have approx 3/4 of a gallon through it and this engine has been absolutely awesome.Purs like a kitten. Idles very nicely and starts easily. I have yet to start leaning it out since it still has a high degree of pinch with the plug off. Only real problem I have noticed though, is that it does seem to bog and sometimes dies.Im thinking either it is too rich and I should lean it a little or maybe the clutch isnt set well. I am new to working with a centax type clutch so Im not really sure....but either way...I hope this helps with your questions on the engine.As for the engine rev issue, it may be your pipe pressure line is too long. I had some problems like this and I believe this is what others suggested. I am running the RD Logics trubo pipe and it was suggested to run the pressure line as short as possible.I went from approx. 14 mm down to approx 6 mm.Good luck