R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Boost is Dead
Thread: Boost is Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
chubbspeterson
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez

tools we need to make the most people happy right now. So where is the fire?

So back to the question is Boost Dead? Maybe for stock it makes sense in some classes, but across the board we would be taking a huge step backwards.

Tekin Prez
Best 2 lines, why? because we now have the option to do anything, and we still argue over it.

And,

It is a huge step backwards, as a hobby/sport I think the idea is to make a class that the most people will join, under 17.5 is so slow, it would be a true rookie class, anything over 17.5 is "to fast" for the novice racer. The idea is to fill up tracks, fill up the races again. Nobody should blame Tekin, or any of the other manufactures. For me this goes back to the 09 carpet nats, Tekins were fast because the guys that had them figured out how to set them up in stock. There were other speedos with "boost" and adjustable timing, nobody new what the hell we were doing, it was easy, get a tekin and copy a profile, done. Now with more people working on using diffrent speedos the game is back to who did the most work. Heck I run a castle speedo, and I have run the Tekin, and the LRP, they all work diffrently, but I could get the same performance out of them all. Personaly it came to price point, and durability. So I went with the castle, not once in blinky, or a "boost" race have I felt cheated that my gear was wrong because I did not have one over the other. Again it comes down to the work, understanding what is going on. Face it, most people don't want to work at it to find the answers, they want them given to them. Go to any track, and the guy setting the pace is asked the most questions. Whats your FDR, what speedo, what batteries, what body, what setup. Tell me and it will fix it all, forget the fact I explode my car at the end of the straight, it's the Tekin I don't have that is costing me that lap and a half. The argument will not change, regardless of what we, or anyone else does. People need a reason for their failures or shortcomings. Blame the man if you will, never look at themselves.