R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Boost is Dead
Thread: Boost is Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Tekin Prez
Team Tekin

The big decisions have not been made in regards to timing and this is a decent discussion with the most passionate and vocal of the race group that is most effected. This thread is actually fairly balanced and has only had a few distractions while some really good points have been made. Reality is that this is how a governing process is supposed to be. As the views are presented it only looks like crap when people are frustrated by those that do not agree with them.

If this thread was 90% on the NT side, or ROAR had already made their decision, I could understand Robs comment of “If it bothers you that much don't race”. That works for him in the USVTA thread where he is King, but here that may not be the best way to include different points of view and find an answer.

It probably was the right answer for the USVTA where interiors and accurate classic paint jobs are more important than lap times. I get it, respect it and believe it increased participation in that segment of the market. That does not guarantee it is the right answer for everywhere else. Seems we are fortunate enough to have the option for the segments that it does make sense.

I do not see anyone arguing that there should not be a NT class at all. I do see some very good points why ALL classes should not have to be NT. Perhaps most important is why we should even consider banning products that have the ability to do both and limit our options.

Originally Posted by robk
Wow, someone who gets it...
Too funny, you are surprised when someone else ‘gets it’ and agrees with you. You make my case that perhaps you do not represent the majority and you are just one of the opinions to be considered.

Originally Posted by avs
this statement seems contrary to the stated goal of 'inclusion and growth' in the ranks.
somehow i don't understand what the problem is with a system that reduces operating temps, reliance on battery voltage and motor selection.
One of the many that ‘get it’ a little differently and have spoke up in this thread with valid points. I know, they suck and should just go away if they do not like it. That whole way of thinking is wrong on so many levels.

Originally Posted by robk
Do you honestly think that? That anybody gives a rats ass if Tekin sells 1 millions escs tomorrow? If they did, congratulations and more power to them. If you think anybody cares about what the "best" speed control is, that's nuts.

I know that the rapid development and complexity has turned people off. Say what you will about how it's all not a big deal, it ran off a lot of guys. I know I see more guys coming back now that there is blink mode. Maybe they are not all he-men like everybody else around here, but they keep the doors open at the track.
You really seem to have a problem with Tekin and our success

This affects all the brands and all the existing racers. You point at us a lot, but reality is we are just the only ones that come get involved and be part of the process which makes us a target. I disagree with you which clearly frustrates you. I am not going to apologize for working hard and giving people what they wanted. Recall we did not start this game, we had to keep up to survive.

You also made my case again that having a blinky mode option helped in your case. Odd considering you do not allow blinky mode and require esc’s that have no timing features at all. Yet you have agreed with me in the past that technically blink modes are more equal than any other part of the system. That has been proven on race tracks around the country for some time now. As I recall your argument was the green gas tank theory, which I understand, but not sure we should structure all of RC around driver envy and perception rather than fact.

We have all the tools we need to make the most people happy right now. So where is the fire?

So back to the question is Boost Dead? Maybe for stock it makes sense in some classes, but across the board we would be taking a huge step backwards and limiting our options.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-21-2011 at 04:53 PM.