R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - dragon red lipo battery
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:13 PM
vwduud
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white boy
has anyone tried these lipo batteries. there on ebay real cheap. i dont want to waste my money. any fed back would be great. http://cgi.ebay.com/11-1v-4800MAH-45...item4cf4db1128
here is the link to one of there batteries
I have 2 of them, ordered a few weeks a part from each other.

This was after I ordered some WinForce Akku LiPo's from a similar eBay seller. I ordered 4 of these - keeping 1 for myself.

All 6 of the packs look identical, aside from the labeling.

All 6 packs charged and balanced quickly and easily (even first cycle).

I still have one of the WinForce Akku packs. I sold it to a buddy about 6 months ago, then bought it back from him within the last month.

Both this older pack and the new DragonRed packs perform flawlessly. Plenty of power and run time.

I paid $43.00 shipped for each (yes - $20.00 shipping). Longest shipping time from Hong Kong was 13 days. Shortest was 8 days.

I've raced since the late 80's and gone through the different technologies of batteries available to race with. I was a "fast guy" at one time (1/10th scale 2WD buggy and truck - up until the year 2000). After having gotten back into racing about a year ago, I find myself racing some of my old buddies. One of which is the fast guy to beat in eBuggy and is sponsored by MaxAmps.

At this time, I do not feel at any disadvantage using these batteries when racing against him.

Until I feel like my batteries are keeping me from getting any faster, I'll buy $43.00 DragonRed or WinForce Akku's packs every time vs. the more expensive packs. I run these in my Hot Bodies D8 Tekno V4 electric conversion. All 3 packs are 4S 5000mAh, 30C.

PM if you have any further questions.

Jim

Last edited by vwduud; 04-21-2011 at 04:29 AM.