R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Boost is Dead
Thread: Boost is Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 03:39 AM
miller tyme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone that thought boosted was bad is fooling themselves. Sure blame Tekin or Black Diamond, but I'm highly competitive on my 3 year old RS and equally 3 year old Duo 1 that has never been over heated......

enter non-boosted, motor temps sore, battery c rating is more important in stock since your pulling massive gear and timing right out of the turn rather than gradually applying it. Locked motor timing, yeah that worked well ask the guys from the first brushless snowbirds how many motors were advanced past the 'physical' limit.

And why the hell mess with 13.5 ??? Blinky was being toted as 'making stock easier to drive' If you think you good enough to run 13.5 then I doubt programing an ESC is beyond your means, or do you still run 12th tires at the diameter they are from the package or still have the box stock set-up on your touring car, remember racing is all about equality and everyone gets a participation ribbon

It is just another example of the can nots needing an excuse, I got beat by better drivers than I, not by more horsepower, now if I run blinky I'll be beat by deeper pockets.