R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 1/8th IFMAR World Champs in USA
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 AM
alvinL
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben73
this is a good point.

IFMAR need to do a lot of work with the tracks for WC events.

My view is no one should have a chance to run on a WC track at all prior to P1. No local should have an advantage and no huge team with $$$ should be able to spend weeks at the track prior to the event.

Everyone should turn up and run with ZERO running on the track prior.

At the EP 1/10 worlds in 2007 the track was mean to change by at least 50% form memory. It did not and it certainly helped the guys who had done plenty of racing there. Nothing against hayato but he would not have won otherwise from my perspective
IMO changing layout so that it is fair to all drivers... thats true in a way.

A layout that have not been tested might not have a nice flow and ended up drivers not enjoying the race (esp offroad with jumps). To know the gear ratio, run time etc drivers needs to hv track time get the best performance & setup (onroad).
As for EP tracks that use woodplanks on a flat surface would be easier to hv layout change last min, but a fix layout would cost $$ to do so.
To stop drivers from using the track till the race event start means no income for the track owner...

So are the drivers willing to pay high entry fee & risk blowing up engine without knowing what ratio to use?

Even in F1 racing with huge budget tracks dont change layout yearly.
Hara only practice for a few days and he kicked those hv been testing for weeks ..

How many international events that was won by local boys that you know of? Offroad Ifmar Indonesia-no, USA-no, Thailand-no.

The above are just my point of views ....