R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T2'008
Thread: Xray T2'008
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
rknott
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am hoping someone can help me with some set up tips related to springs and the 008.

Background: I am running VTA on carpet with 25.5.

I bought the car used and it came with a bunch of colored springs as well as a few silver springs that have different stiffness.

I am guessing the colored springs came from this kit since that matches most of the colors I have? Not sure if they are 007 or 009 or something else? ttp://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=177&kategoria=177&catName=New XRAY Springs

I put the purples in the front (nearly the stiffest spring I have), but I couldn't ever get the ride height as low as I wanted. Lowest is 6mm. My thinking is these springs are for something other than the 008. I read back several pages and read the shock towers are lower in the 008 than the 007, possible that is why I can't get the ride height were I want. I then put the stiffest silver springs in the back. Car had massive over steer and the car was so stiff it was 'hopping' around corners.

So I went down a notch and put the rear springs in the front, got the ride height down to 5.5 and went to the next softer silver rear springs in the back. That got rid of the oversteer, but I noticed my best lap times with the massive over steer were significantly better (.7 sec/lap) than with the softer setup that produces a more controllable car.

Question: What is the correct spring set up? Is there a complete spring kit for the 008 that would help me find a medium ground? Are springs not the answer here?