R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 PM
gashuffer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
after thought of hearing about the boxes, i came up with 2 observations id like to share?

<1> Ins boxes in 1/8 onroad, the motors are sticking thru body therefore, the motor gets ampule amounts of air flow, inside the body when i put on a ins box, didnt look to promising,as in 1/8 onroad AND touring the motors are configured differently,sideways so the air can direct right ontop motor head and the ins box is next to it, NOT in front blocking air passage. but with the gt, the air filters are head on with any possible air flow.I think it might cause alot of grief w/overheating issues!

<2> dont you think the large bodies of the gt class by itself work as a ins box? if u think about it, the motor is "buried" in there, and the body is doing same purpose, im just more concerned with not getting proper airflow over head of motor, ESPECIALLY the guys <like me> who run .21 on road motors with the small heads...

i will take a pic tomorrow and show you what i mean if anyone doesn't understand with what im saying here.

food for thought
Air flow is not a problem considering your cutting away above the engine, windshield and side window for fuel. Although I understand where your coming from.
Sedans run with them without any problems and those bodies leave hardly any room to breathe. Me personally I will always run one.