R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - desert rat 2.0 custom painted!!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
2canSAM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chitownpnut
I guess I missed the humor in" $40 shipped" oops! There are several painters on this site getting up to $130 just to paint, not including the cost of the body so my $60 price is very reasonable. As I said, maybe you should just stick with radio shack stuff...lot less expensive. I am also interested in seeing what your rc body looks like.
Price is more than reasonable IMHO. Your not just looking at the body cost but the prep time, paint time, cost of materials involved and skill set too. All of my RC bodies are the typical one (maybe 2) color rattle can jobs but I would not hesitate to pay for a body like this. Just look at the sliver fade detail, and all the other details in the paint. You are probably looking at a minimum of 7-8 paint colors needed to paint this body. Plus the fact that even if I could start to pull this off, I would probably mess something up towards the end of painting it that in turn would make it look like crap. Now I am a cheap person and rarely buy new but the amount of time and work that went into this body would be worth every penny.