R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What cars have you owned, Which did you like
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rider313
Heres my list first owned to last.

Duratrax Nitro evader St

Likes: it came with proline tires rtr. It was a fun truck got me hooked on nitro RC. Came with an OS made .18 motor that tuned well and ran strong.

Dislikes: drive train wouldn't hold up in a tyco RC car let alone a 1/10 truck with a .18.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Associated 1/8 RC8T RS

Likes: this truck got me hooked on 1/8 nitro. It was a pretty tough truck.

Dislikes: it was heavy. The rtr plastic parts seems week. The rod ends were always kinked after a few runs.
~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~

Associated RC8T CE

Likes: on a smooth track i could carve through corners and it always seemed to fly straight. Had more tuning options compared to the Rtr and plastics seemed better.

Dislikes: I couldn't find a single set up I liked in bumpy tracks. Truck always had an on power push. The rod ends again were always kinked. The front drive shafts always bent even with out crashing. Seemed heavy and would take some throttle to clear jumps right out of corners. The chassis layout was fat/wide. Fuel tanks went threw three in a summer, none cracked or broke they just randomly developed bubbles in the fuel lines and would never stop. Wasn't mug lighter then the rtr truck even for being there "championship edition"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Losi 8ight T 2.0

Likes: smooth drive train. Fairly light. Chassis has mass centralization, it looks slim and sexy. Plastics are tough as nails. has good off power and amazing on power steering. Very consistent and handles fought terrain with ease. Lots of support online/track. Good fuel tanks.

Dislikes: a few drive shafts were rather quickly. Throttle servo has to be set up precisely, (tho I neve had a problem).

Out of all the trucks I had I am most happy with my losi.

come, on now lol you couldnt find any setups at all to fit your driving style with all the tuning the rc8t ce has its "heavy" but its not terrible about 9.6 pounds with everything not much heavyer than the d8t by the specs

i, heard from others the bending of the ball cups dint effect anything .
im going to get a "extra fuel tank" but i only heard from a few that had problems with the upgraded gas tank.

i, dint hear about the front driveshafts getting bent without hitting anything but weird things happen though.

Last edited by tc5 man; 04-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.