R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami
Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I'm sure it was OS that wanted him to race. They seem to be putting a lot of effort into boosting their image in onroad. Since neither OS nor HB make a 1/8th, he was free to choose whatever car he wanted. Mugen makes a lot of sense in that case. Everyone knows it's a very fast car, it's Japanese, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mugen agreed to give him some technical support.

And I'm sure HB doesn't want him having Mugen (or any other competing brand) displayed all over his car and person.

Kinda like Ralph running Mugen for 1/8th while being payed by Xray. Early on in that deal, Ralph often didn't have any Mugen stickers on the car, though I believe they came to an agreement later.
While you are posting...someone PM me about Ralph case...I think he is very very similar to HARA, except in this stage, Hara's body has no decal about Mugen, but Ralph does have some on his...at least, on the MAIN.

OK...I've got my answer, can't wait to see tomorrow qualifier and see they can still pull 37 laps on HOT track in the afternoon.

Is that true...usually, it is harder to get fast on HOT track (like compare morning qualifier vs afternoon qualifier..). I think...the last round (late afternoon) is their last chance for faster laps...