R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW Mugen MTX-3 PROSPEC!! worth the money to get???
Old 05-23-2004, 07:35 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: --

Originally posted by Titan
Hmmm... This is making things hard... I'm really having a hard time deciding... It's like choosing a Nissan Skyline Spec-V (Mugen Propsec) over a Mercedes SLR (Serpent). I know both cars are competitive... It's just that Prospec does have a lot stuff and tintanium to offer, plus cheaper parts, but for 3 year old car? The person also mentioned that he is waiting for the MTX 4 to come out. The Serpent 710 (released this year) is also great, it gives you more refinement which has greater adjustability, but I hope it doesn't become a great hassle to set up.

Both are ballancing out in some aspect...

This is hard decision making... Don't want to waste money.

I hope I get my Helios soon.. So far this is the only component I didn't have a hard time choosing.
the mtx-4 shouldnt come out anytime soon, you will get decent track time with the mtx-3.

Not to mention, serpent update their cars more frequent than mugen. Some people like it, some don't. So maybe when the mtx-4 comes out, you will have to get your 710 updated as well.