R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami
Old 04-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Robs Pics
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
The problem as I see it is that with IFMAR you are dealing with a worldwide organization and not just a small country so communication is done in several ways. In the past the letter sent out to the blocs has been done before and it worked in the past. I think that is what Bishop is talking about. Now this is just speculation on my part but if you think that this is a loop hole then this would be how this would happen. That is why going forward IFMAR must do better. Really clarify and update and maybe even eliminate rules that aren't working (if there are any) then we can get back to the racing.

I will say this though, policing this in the future will be challaging for sure.

I also just wanted to add that it's the racers responsibility to be up to speed with the rules, and I'm sure they did a Driver's briefing before hand.

Steve
Oh yeah, I did not consider that IFMAR communicated certain rules to the blocs like that before. If the letter system worked before, then yes I agree there should be more awareness among the drivers regarding tire additive prohibitions. I still feel bad for people that did not know about the rule only to be told about it at the event. Lots of money for privateers to spend attending the event.