R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami
Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
maestrojai
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a question regarding this whole controversy...I have been trying to keep up on the whole situation just like everyone else and one thing keeps sticking out in my mind..

At what point do the big name companies (ie. Mugen, Serpent, Byrons..etc) step in and actually do something about this? Or do they just sit back and try to remain quiet and let IFMAR sort it out? The reason I ask is simple..being as this event is for all intents and purposes THE pinnacle event of R/C, don't the major players chime in to help it go off smoothly? Especially if their name is tied to the event such as the sponsors?

I have very little understanding of the 'blocks' that are spoken of..but I do realize that each manufacturer has drivers and/or teams within those blocks..do they reprimand drivers that are found to be 'playing in the grey area' of the rules? I understand that in this case there is no particular rule in the rulebook banning tire sauce (at least from what I've heard, I havent actually read a rulebook) but I thought I read that there was a very similar issue 2 years ago and they didnt allow it. Wouldnt it be correct to follow the same protocol that was issued at that event from the outset?

Also, given the current ruling..I agree with those that say the privateers are really getting the brunt of it in their pocketbooks. Isn't this a perfect opportunity for a major company to step in and perhaps gain some new customers by helping out? The only thing that I heard of something like that happening was J.C. offering to bring in enough sauce for everyone in attendance. I dunno, after following all of this..it just seems to me like the whole system is somewhat broken.

/shrug...not trying to beat a dead horse and mow it over with a tractor trailer...just trying to get a better understanding is all.