R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Sean Williams
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Friday I received the new OG Spec premounts fresh from the factory in Korea to test out at West Coast Raceway for the 1st XRAY Challenge to be held there on April 29th - May 1st 2011. They are mounted on the EXP rim (EXP-WAWH) with the Aqua Medium insert (EXP-M). I waited toward the end of the day when most of the TC drivers had left to start testing to ensure that the grip had built up on the track (indoor asphalt) and also so I could have as close to uninterrupted sessions as possible while testing. I put a total of (7) 6 minute sessions on the tires and they look that same on run 7 as they did on run 2 with NO loss in performance!!! It is a "thing of beauty" at how good they look, the wear pattern is excellent!!! During each run the lap times remained consistent from start to finish and never fell off! This tire is simply amazing and is as fast as the other tires some of the guys have been running at the track. To say that these tires are impressive is truly an understatement!!!
Fred....Thanks for taking the time to do this crucial testing. It's about time! And also a big thanks to John for making the changes from constant team testing to get this tire in contention for Spec Racing and Club Racing. One thing about Sweep is the customer service and attention to detail that will eventually make Sweep Tires the on-road tire of choice. It's not always about the money...it's about providing a good racing tire and making sure the Racer gets what he or she paid for.