R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lost control twice of my RC10GT2 - help!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 AM
7kings
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Lost control twice of my RC10GT2 - help!

Hey guys. I just installed a new .15 AE into my RC10GT2 and was breaking it in on the street and yard in front of my house. Twice during this process the car refused to respond to the controller, once when it wasn't moving and the next time as I was accelerating on the street (fortunately, the last command it obeyed was still a pretty light throttle, so it didn't haul ass down the street at WOT). In both instances, power-cycling the transmitter did nothing to re-establish the control of the car, but power-cycling the car itself was enough to kick it in the butt and get it working again.

Obviously, this is something that I need to get to the bottom of (and it's making me think hard about either getting a fail safe or else a 2.4 radio with one built in), and I'm looking for a place to start. I suppose it could be the power switch itself, but I'm not sure and I'm looking to tap the wisdom of the more experienced folks here.

Does this sound like a receiver problem? A switch? The batteries in both the transmitter and receiver are brand new.

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it.

-Brian