R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Those tips are great, that kind of info can save hours of sorting issues with minor problems. We're not as experienced as most of you guys, but we have learnt that it also helps to slightly deepen the countersink to the bolt holes of the brass battery plate. Having the bolt heads below flush could save having to Dremel a slot in bolt heads, if the car should happen to scrape.

On another note; we ran the LAB EO1/SQ engine yesterday at a club meet for the first time, and it is the fastest engine that we have had in a car so far; seriously fast with good fuel economy! We also have a LAB EO1/BC to run in an event soon, and that engine could be even faster! Like I said; we're not as experienced as most of you guys, but the Nova based Capricorn engines are the best that we have ever used in a car. We also have a Sirio based Capricorn; but it seems to be lacking, and I wouldn't go that way again.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Thanks, trying to give you guys the best support possible.

The E01-BC engine is ridiculously fast, faster then most if not all other engines.
I do recommend using a longer pressure line with that engine, it blows out a lot of pressure into the tank which could make the engine a bit harder to tune. I also use an exhaust gas cooler.
(Don't mind the dirt, just finished a race)