R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
macdude
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am having an odd problem. Not sure what caused this as I have been running this RS for over a year with no issues.
It is stuttering at mid throttle. Sometimes it acts like the sensor wire is bad so I replaced, then I tried another motor, then I recalibrated the radio. I even tried just running it in sensorless mode. So here is what it is doing, sensored only mode, it takes off fine (most of the time) Then I let off to drive mid throttle and the motor freaks out and won't spin (like the senor board is bad, or wire, or...) but like I said before tried different motors. (ballistic, SS, and D3). It just stutters and sounds like when you wire up the motor incorrectly and are trying to run in sensored only mode. If I push it, it still won't go. I actually have to let off the throttle or give it full throttle to get it moving again. And it does not happen consistently. I have checked the sensor port on the ESC case and is it not loose.
Could a bad CAP cause this? When I spin the motor the first three LED's blink like expected, so it seems the hall senors are being seen.

Any ideas beyond what I have already tried would be appreciated. If nothing works then its back to tekin for repair.