R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mckune Design 10R5 2s Lipo 235 Conversion Kit
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 AM
gramm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
The target price I was designing around is $80 retail.

Evirobs:
1. I would like to make a new chassis but that would make the cost of the kit about $50-$60 more. I am trying to put together a relatively low cost kit.

2. The plate I designed widens the front end to 215mm. Making it adjustable poses a few challenges like multiple upper stiffeners. I am working on an adjustable front end for the WGT version that allows 3 different adjustments. I may do the same for the 235 kit.

3. You can cut the Kydex with scissors or a dremel. I would have to make a new chassis to accomplish this.

4. The kit has both wide and narrow (stock 10r5 position) rear body post mount locations.

2wdrive:
1. I have to include something to make a complete kit. The CRC hub extensions are the lowest cost solution that work good. During testing I am looking in to other options.

2. This would have to be a separate kit. I am not sure of the benefits to having a wide pod versus just longer hubs.

The Kydex bumper does not come with the kit. This is a new product we are now selling. You can use your existing carbon fiber bumper. Last summer I went the entire season on 1 $10 solid Kydex bumper and never broke it or messed up a body. This was a pleasant change from the $25 CRC carbon fiber bumper that would usually crack with a big hit.

Thanks for the interest guys. I will keep you posted.

Troy
Sounds good to me. Can I buy one?