R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Railroader
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gho5tRevo
i'm running a TA05v.2 with an EZrun brushless system. got everything all put together and car runs good. but i'm getting a high pitched squeal if punch it off the line. on all of my traxxas trucks this would definitely mean that a slipper is loose. it sounds just like that. seeing as how our cars don't have slippers i've tried tightening the front/rear diffs (how do you know how tight to make them?) i've tried different belt tensions too is there any other way to tighten the belts besides moving the peg in the different circles? on the little pieces on each side of the diff. (hope you know what i'm talking about) anyone have any other idea what the noise could be? i've checked and made sure nothing is rubbing on anything else. or are these just loud cars?
Probably a loose diff. Tighten the diff screw all the way to lock and then back off about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. To check diff, hold both tires and try to turn the diff, if you can barely turn it by hand then you are there. If you can turn it easily, then something is wrong or your'e diff is still too loose.