R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Optimus Grime
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
Losi understands the stock outdrives will wear but feel in most cases it is acceptable wear. They are working on HD lightened outdrives as an upgrade (not a fix) but with the diff pin issue not sure when that will happen. I know Ryan's full attention has been on the diff pins but the upgrade outdrives should be here soon.

Droop and camber are often over looked tweaks to get that little last bit out of your truck. Start playing with it to see how it effects things as they can be good last minute adjustments to make on the car during warm up if you have a buddy with the tools standing by!

Other then people pointing out they wiggle I have not heard of any failures related to the movement of the diffs? Someone correct me if I am wrong?

They did not get rid of the engineers but they stopped using sportworks parts in there Losi designs!

Ouch. Please never use Stike-SCTE in a post again. The strike was never fun to drive. The SCTE is a great handling car and a blast to drive!

Yes the Ten-T, 810, and Ten-SCTE all share towers. Losi recomends the carbon towers for the SCTE if you upgrade.

This truck will jump a little nose down naturally. Are other cars having issues with jumping as well or only your SCTE? I ask as some jumps just kick you nose down. Sometimes hitting them at a slight angle helps with this as well. Small jumps can really kick over cars as well. Speed bumps are the worst!

The Ten pins are what losi has been sending out as interim pins. They are harder then what was coming in the SCTE but not up to the spec Losi asked for. The Ten pins are lasting quite a while in the SCTE but will start to show wear in the rear diff after about an hour of use. Not significant wear but you will feel a notch forming.

The Ten pins should last long enough for the final pins to come in.

Guys this is not a strike 2. The diff pins are a material issue and will be fixed soon. I get the frustration and again no one wants this issue put behind them and getting you guys out on the track more then Losi does. Those with bad gears the gears will not be back in stock until they get the right pins made for the gear sets. That is the delay there. This is getting full attention and will be resolved soon.
Thanks for answering all the questions Casper,your the reason I went ahead and bought this Puppy And just ordered my 22 buggy!!! Can't wait to build that sucka My first Losi was a JRXT, and back then we just beat the crap out of everything till it broke then fixed it