R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 03-31-2011, 05:07 PM
jjdyost
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmark17
the biggest difference you will notice is the amount of power you have through out your run lipos hold their "punch" longer than nicds/nihm meaning as the voltage drops in nicd/nihm you start to run slower and slower were with lipos they hold thier power with slight loss over the run right up to their cutoff point then you will notice the drop in power plus you never want to run a lipo past their cutoff point also lipos are lighter than nicd/nihm so your trucks will seem faster from not carring as much weightas for racing you can only use 7cell in novice classes they are not allowed in mod or stock racing only 6cell nicd/nihm or 2cell lipo as for racing there are plenty of RC10t4's in our group that are some of the fastest trucks there all with great setup ideas our group specializes in team associated trucks and buggies
(3 t4's 4sc10's 2b4's)as for racing i think the offroard course offers more fun than oval course but everybody has favorites by group i mean a group of guys and girl that show up on fridays to race
I agree with you on the battery part alot.