R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
jjdyost
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gpklos
Thanks for the responses. That clarifies things some. I may to invest in these soon. I am curious the rules say you must run 6 cell batteries for NIHM or NICD. I have 7 cell 8.4v batteries. Do the 2s have more punch than the 7 cell. Now you said the higher the C value is the more punch in lipos. Just trying to gauge how much difference there is between the 6 cell, 7 cell nihm and the 2s lipos.

Also I just ordered a Associated rc10t4.1. I have a traxxas rustler now. Since they have different battery connections is there an adapter that I can use so that I can use my existing 6 and 7 cell batteries with both cars? I just don't have the $$ to go lipo yet. (ie. new charger also)
Thanks,
Gary
I had 7 cells before and seen a difference with a 2 cell lipo in my truck.It was faster than with a 7 cell and definitly a 6 cell.they also do not use as much power as a nihm or nicd.this means longer run times out of one before a charge.an average lipo can last around 10mins to 15mins.depends on what size you get.

yes i think they sell adapters for what you need.their is probably deans connectors on the rc10t4.1.traxxas connectors on the rustler.I run traxxas connectors on all my vehichles.I have a stock associated sc10,mod sc10,and mod 1/10 scale buggy i race.just use what ever connector you like.they both work great,solder the same connector on your rc10t4.1 to match what you have on your batteries.

come on sundays,we run oval,and talk with me.that is when im there.im derick yost.give me a holler.i'll tell you what to do and have you out on the track in no time.