R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTA @ HotShotRc Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Xpress
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason douget
ok guys - after listening to everyone's concerns - heres what we should do - First off motor and esc http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi....pl?pn=NOV3036 - this keeps everyone competitive - no boost - this will run off newcomers and everyone knows it - if you want boost, run in the tc classes that we wil be talking about real soon - all rules according to VTA rules with a couple of exceptions -
1- 26mm treaded tires that are spec'd in the vta rules can be used all the way around on GT cars
2- wheels on gt cars must not be dish wheels - spoked (chrome or other bling of your liking) may be used
3- True vta vintage bodies will be allowed to run the rule spec wider rear tires with the 26mm up front - this is to aid in better traction, being that the gt cars will produce more downforce (with21.5's probably not much, but it should even it out)
4. FDR - Final Drive Ratio can be anywhere between 4 and 5.0 - consider this your boost - gearing in this range will be the racers choice - if you cheat and run more than a 5.0 FDR we have a "DORK" hat for you to wear that day!

How does this sound -

Also, I think we should have a car show before the race for the most realistic looking ride and Maybe I can get Brad to throw a Prize to the winner!
I can understand limiting how limiting the FDR (numerically) low could help even things out, but how does limiting how high (numerically) you gear a car come into play? Why would anybody be limited from running 10:1 if they only want their car to go 3.8 mph? I'm confused?