R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Herrsavage
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtx3ron
Guys I know this question has been asked before.Which gt is more durable dm1 or kyosho gt. I want to participate in the midwest series this year. And a recommendation? would help,21 or 28?

I got the DM-1 despite an ABSOLUTE lack of local or even continental parts support.., mostly because everybody said it was so much better than the Kyosho IGT2 - which I can get cheap and local.. I also read so much about the 2-speed in the DM-1 being so much better, and that the Kyosho 2-speed has so many problems..

Well, not sure I made the right choice in getting the DM-1. I have already fried a 2-speed and ruined a clutch-bell(totally stupid design with small 5x8 front clutch bearings..), which requires ordering parts from the States. It is frustrating to say the least....

I kind of think the Ofna does have overall higher quality, but yeah, like the other guy said, get what you can get parts for cheaply and easily..

I'm still trying to decide on an engine too. If you got the dough, I would think an OS 25XZ would be perfect......