R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
FangsCPO
Tech Master

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Looking for opinions on the best setup for this truck motor/battery wise. I am running the 4.5 and 5.5 ballistic novak's and just feel they are overworked in this truck. I've seen some comments about others running these motors but I just can't seem to get the temps down no matter what gearing I use. I was thinking the castle 1415 sc motor running on 3s or 4s. Would like awesome power and speed with great runtimes. And also cool temps. Want to be able to tune down for speed and power instead of overheating trying to run larger pinions. I just think this truck is too heavy for 2s (to run consistently cool with long runtimes). I am running the tekin rx8 so pretty much can run anything. Also saw the 1410 castle motor but thought the bigger 1415 would be a better choice.
Have you tried lowering your "current limiter" on your RX8? I found that to be the solution to lowering temps and increasing run times. I'm geared 14/40. Just my .02.