R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 AM
bencason
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
Caster on the TA05* is fixed, based on the front "C". The standard caster is 4 degrees (the blocks are marked left/right). Lacking the measurement tools, I would recommend starting with the kit recommendations for turnbuckle lengths. You can then use the measurements from your calipers as the figure you enter on the setup sheet. It won't tell you the degree of angle "toe" & "camber" but it will give you a setting you can return to until you can get the proper gauges.

As for tools, caliper, droop/down stop gauge, camber gauge, and ride height gauge would be very useful and can take you a long way. Consider, Integy, and Eagle gauges for lower cost alternatives to Hudy. However, "high quality" tools will hold their value and last a long time.
Thanks Larry. I didn't think of listing the turnbuckle lengths. I built them carefully to the lengths specified in the manual so that is easy to record. I do have a ride height gauge & set of calipers. Somewhere I think I may have a camber gauge, from the distant past, if I can find it and it is reasonably accurate. The rest of the tools will come as time and money allow.

It does surprise me a little that Tamiya doesn't provide the settings so that you have an idea where you are starting from, assuming you build to instruction.