R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Breezy1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
Thank you Peter, I appreciate the input. I have worked with Andrew for a year now and he has come a long long way. Where I think the problem lies is he has so much natural talent, that he finds himself racing people who have years more experience then he does. A typical driver racing for 2 years, including when I first started, dont have the car control or race experience to make ALL the right calls. Hell, I didnt make my first A-main till 4 years in! Some people expect Andrew to drive like Keven Hebert or Paul Lemieux, it just isnt possible yet. These are not excuses, these are facts.
Corey,
I do not by no means wanna be in the middle of this, but just wanted to say VERY WELL SAID about talent versus experience. As a father of another great and young "10 years old" up and coming driver we have been put into this situation many times our selves. I pray Andrew just keeps his head up and uses all this as a learning curve good and bad. I know its hard as a racer when you get passed and peeled it sucks and I feel sometimes veteran racer take it harder when its done by a 10 or 12 year old. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I allow my son to race and possibly put himself in that situation. We all had to start some were and at some age. We need more kids like Andrew and my son Blake to help this hobby/sport survive.