R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pittsburgh Raceway R/C Track
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
RickyBBad
Tech Apprentice

Hi Adam my name is Rick. You have a great opportunity bring the West Coast to the East. Ive heard of your resources to complete this project. Im not sure how much competition race experience you have but ive been racing competitive since 1983 and i can assure you that the RC competition racing market is thin at best. You have to go with whats hot and yeah its nice to own a 1/18 scale and 1/5 scale car but its not going to draw a competitive crowd. For one the cost for 1/5 scale cars are way over the top. And what about parts when someone breaks will you have a full line of parts for something like that, and the same thing with 1/18 scale. Most Hobby Shops have on stock 1/10 and 1/8 scale stuff because it sales. as a hobby shop owner you cant afford to have that setting on your shelf because most likely you are going to eat those parts i promise you that. Take a pole of 1/5 scale racers that will be regulars week in and week out at your track. see for your self. most of the guys around here that own a 1/5 scale are back yard bashers and have never raced in a organized race to date. Look its just not possible to run these cars on the same track. You need people with race experience to build and promote this track. If you dont have that then its not going to work. RC Tech is not going to get it done alone with out real racers support!