R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track owner seeks new location
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rctrackman
Sorry I haven't responded lately. Finally took the wife on that honeymoon I never gave her.
been doing some checking and it seems that most of you have plenty of shops around but no tracks. That makes it tough for me because the track alone probably wouldn't make enough to live on. And if you already have shops, I'd be taking a much greater risk. I was hoping to find a place that needed a track AND a shop.

Which brings up an interesting question.........
If you guy's had someone to purchase all the equipment needed to set up a track, do you think you could ::
1. set up a functioning club ??
2. have enough racers to pay the "lease" on the equipment ??
3. agree to run a specific class structure that would be the same for all these clubs around the country ( kind of like the Tamiya Challenge Series or HPI challenge).
Speaking strictly of Northern Virginia:
1. Depends on Indoor/outdoor? onroad/offroad?
We do have snow sometimes so... A nitro indoor onroad would draw a very big and loyal crowd. Onroad has a lot of tracks around here BUT only 2 within 150 miles that are not parking lot set-ups.
2. Darn good question, the problem we have is the land to build it on or buy is $$$$$$. But I beleive it would be supported.
3. THat's a given... We have 2 yearly Tamiya racers that draw well over 125 racers each year and this one in Laurel will draw close to 200 this year...