R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
jeff hughes
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
When your wrong your wrong....

Ok so I decided to really test my sidewinder SCT ESC to make sure it would be ready for race night (Thursday) so I started chasing the kids around down stairs in tight quarters. I had prviously only run it in the driveway and on the street, nothing too hard on it. I figured if it can take some play and some 360's I would be safe for race night. About 5min in the ESC let out the magic smoke. Not good even with a fan for the 4x4 SCT's unless all you do is run some speed passes and play in low resistance areas. I pulled it out and tossed my MMp back in and WOW what a difference, the 3800 w/ MMp is really smooth, nearly as smooth as the tekin 4.5 was just runs way cooler. At any rate my story.

I was wrong about these little esc's they cannot take constant amp jolts really getting on it, it may pass for some mild play but I'm hear to say tell everyone this is proven, it cannot work. PS my scte is only 6.33lbs too!
I talked to Castle about this today. They have not tested the sidewinder/3800 combo in the scte and would not recommend it...