R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 AM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geubes
Weird Problem!

Both Hobbywing ESC's I have give the same problem, when plugged in, sometimes on powerup, there is no power powering the receiver - no lights, no steering. But the fan ontop of the ESC is spinning fine.

However, if I unplug my transponder from the ESC, then power comes back to the servo and I get drive again. If I plug the transponder back in, then the power to the receiver stops :S!

Now this first appeared on my extreme stock a few months back (so it got put in the pit box) and I started using my SP2.0lpf again trouble free with no issues at all. Then my new 120a got put in the car yesterday and did a full days practice with no problems (using 119 mod). Today I had 119 stock on the esc and the problems started with this ESC.

It seems to much of a coincidence that my 2 Hobbywing ESC's brought 4 months apart have the same problem that seems so-far unfixable and completely random. If this was a regional or national event I would have missed my final!!!.

Any help or suggestions?

Electronics:
IP 5000 40C Lipo
Savox lpf servo
DSM2 Spektrum receiver
Hobbywing extreme or 120a v2.1
Hi Geubes,

I would doubt that it is the ESC causing the above issue. It is unlikely that 2 ESC's would exhibit the same problem, especially one which hasn't come up before.

possible issues......
which port on the RX are you using for the PT is it the Batt slot or channel 3?
One issue I have had in the past with the ESC is the RX plug wires can become loose due to the constant pulling in and out to program the ESC, try wiggling the wires at the RX end when ESC is turned on.

But having re re-read your post it happens when the PTX is plugged in have you tried a different RX just to eliminate that from the equation?

Have you checked the voltage coming from the RX lead from the ESC's? use a voltmeter across the red and black leads to see if the voltage is correct?

Have you checked the switch harness on the ESC, these can fail.

Try rolling software back to 518 and see if issue occurs, if not then re flash 119/211 TWICE see if that fixes the issue

does it happen when the PTX is disconnected?

When and where did you buy the ESC's?

I know lots of questions but more information is needed on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to UK 1s News

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8872955-post25.html

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-28-2011 at 12:57 AM.