R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 PM
skyler hays
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40

Mamba Monster 2650/18 th pinion
Gens Ace 3S 40c 5000 and Blue Lip 30c 5000
AKA Enduros Super Soft on DE Wheels
5/3/3 in the diffs
stock shock oil and springs

Pitch it in the corners, power slide, off power steering, just enough power transfer to the rear to bring it around on power with 3k in the center diff and rear. The track was super dry with dusty blue groove. With this setup it was a blast.

With heavy Mamba Monster setup and 3S bats all it really needs is a heavier shock oil/spring package.

Had a couple of lawn darts, a couple of pipe slams, and two perfectly executed wheels-up pancakes.

Only damage to report is a bent rear shock tower, a couple cracks in the rear of the body and a stress mark where the right side rear bumper mounts to the tower. Ordered the machined aluminum towers last week from Nitrohouse so good to go there. Haven't checked the diffs yet but have a set of Chrispins on the bench already.

This truck will be a keeper.

One other comment is that I would not recommend the Blue Lipo on this setup. It can't push out enough juice to keep up with MMM. Puffs and gets warm. The Gens Ace bats are the ticket. Great run time, no puffing or overheating, and take 5200+ mah on a recharge.
what kind of run times and temps? i love this truck but i am fed up with my electronics. i first used my novak 4.5 system that ran my jammin fine. smoked my novak motor so i went with a tekin 5.5 550. 165 ish after 10 minutes with 12-15T pinions with a mamba max pro. fed up. gonna hang an 8th scale motor on the truck and run on 3s.