R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 09:54 PM
tones
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

yeah thats what i figured, thanks.

i've set tie rod lengths squaring off the front tyres to the rears.. this has done the trick in that the car now runs straight with minumal adjustment and same with it's turning cirlcles.

problem is it's brought a whole bunch of other problems to my attention.

front end:
- the servo can't be centered on the chassis properly to need unequal length tie rods.

- on the front end the upper arm hinge pin touches the body post on the right hand side, while on the left hand side there is a clear gap.

- the reason the right hand side touches the body post might be that the front of the right arm's hole is further from the center line of the chassis - so the hinge pin isn't inline with the center line of the chassis but the front of it is pointing away from it.

this is near impossible to measure, so im not certain if this is the case - but it does look like the left hand side is straight and the right hand side is askew.

- not a big problem, tho i dont know if it's releated to the machining of the chassis, the other problems on the front end, or whatever, but the hole in the ""center"" of the chassis for setting tweak is also off center by a reasonable margin.

rear end:
- assuming that the tweak hole is in the center of the chassis on the rear pod (it looks like it is - or atleast alot closer than the front one is) then the rear axle is .096" off to the left.

while i can only use .040" shims before the axle binds up (yrx-12 we axle).

i guess i can move the shims to the other (diff side) of the axle - but that still wont fully cure the problem. :/

is anyone else running a hammer12 having any of these problems?

any help, comments, ideas on how to fix or atleast minimise these problems would be greatly appreciated.