R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Life or Nimh receiver battery for MBX6
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
johnny t
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
What have you all had good success with? I am running regular JR & Savox servos. I would appreciate your input. Here are my thoughts on each. Let me know your recommendations and advantages/disadvantages of each.

1. Nimh= less cost, no worry keeping in car and charging, no need to remove to charge if using a switch with charging wire, takes a little longer to charge.

2. Life= Lighter than nimh, slightly more mah than nimh, requires removing from car to balance and charge (recommended).

3. Lipo=Requires voltage regulator with regular servos, leaving in car while charging is a slight risk of catching fire.
Life is the way to go, my one pack hasn't left the reciever box in 5 months. the spare sits waiting for when I leave the switch on on overnight. just keep pounding a charge in it after practice and qualifying. NiMH won't handle that abuse by dropping voltage after continuous re-peaking, why you have to switch packs with those. I for one am too lazy for that.

Lipo? more power for sure, not as consistent a discharge curve as LiFe, and get angry when abused